Skip to main content

'Tis so sweet...


'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His word.
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, "Thus saith the Lord!"

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him,
How I've proved Him o'er and o'vr.
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus,
Oh for grace to trust Him more...

"Oh for grace to trust Him more..." Sometimes its hard to learn to trust Jesus more, so many days I find that it takes an extra helping of grace to find that trust. As I think back over the last several months and over those to come, I realize that trusting Him is what this world requires. From the trusting of my planning to come on this adventure to the trusting of my ND kids and their medical needs to my time spent with precious friends in Shenzhen over Christmas and New Years and now even to the nightmares of traveling as I arrived in India today, God's voice resounds over and over again that I must trust in Him for there is no other way. 

So often this world seems overwhelming to me. Even as I sit here in Hyderabad, outside my window I hear cars speeding from place to place, horns honking, construction saws roaring, and people talking. "Where is the peace of Christ in the midst of it all?" I wonder. But there's a stillness in the midst of the chaos when we trust in the Creator of everything. He holds the world in His palm even as He holds the hands and the hearts of those that have trusted in Him.

Yesterday and today (on into tonight) have been a time of crazy travels as I journeyed from Shenzhen to Delhi on to Hyderabad and then to Ongole tonight. In the midst of it all, I realized that the only One that I had to lean on was Christ. And last night as I sat frustrated, exhausted and ready to come home, I pictured that image- one of leaning on Him, walking hand-in-hand with Him, and it was the only peace that I could muster up. There was nothing anyone could offer me, not even the courage and boldness that I so often rely on within myself could help, but only by His grace, I could still sing:

I'm so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end...

So may today be a day that we can all find peace and rest in our Creator. May we learn to come before Him with a renewed sense of trust. May we walk hand-in-hand with Him as He leads and guides us through this crazy world. And may we never forget how sweet it is to trust in Jesus!

Comments

  1. Amen Girl! Very Heart Felt comments from a Heart that is in tune to Hear His Voice! God Bless You. PapaGordon

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Only trust Him! Only trust Him! Only trust Him now. He will save you. He will save you. He will save you now!" I'm singing too, angel girl! I love you! "I trust You, Jesus!" from Jesus Calling bk.~Jan. 3 *Thanks for trusting the One Who is ALWAYS worth trusting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifting you up dailey, Haley! I know God is doing amazing things through your surrendered life. Ps. 139:7-12 -"HE is there!" Tim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh the places you'll go...

Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away! You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go... ( Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr. Suess)   I love this book. I really do. And it's funny just how true it seems to be. I've heard it and read it a million and one times and every time, I never thought the day would come when I would really have a choice about the places I would go. There's an order to life: preschool...kindergarten...1st, 2nd, 3rd grade, all the way up to high school graduation. Sure, I got to pick the college I wanted to attend, but I always knew I would go to college so I never had to wonder what my next step would be for 22 years of my life. But then this happened... Yep. College graduation. And everything changed. I had options. Well,

My littlest princesses...

Little kids are just funny, ya know? You just never know what they're going to do. But you can always count on them bringing a smile to your face.  Here at the girls' home, we have three little girls that never fail to make me smile: Genevieve, Esther, and Zinnia These girls have such an innocence and joy about them that can't be missed. Everyday they attend preschool at a local school in the morning and then they come home at lunchtime for an afternoon abounding in whatever adventures their imaginations can come up with. They're such curious and creative little ones that never cease to amaze me in what they find to do. Some days its coloring or playing with clay or drawing on a Magnadoodle; some days its bumper cars with our laundry baskets; some days its "helping" by taking the clean laundry off the clothesline and "washing" it in a bucket of water that my air conditioner drips into or even "cleaning" the

Grains of sand...

Ah...the beach...the sunshine, the refreshingly cool water, the warm breeze...you just can't go wrong...one of the wonderful things about Ongole is its close proximity to the Indian Ocean where one can go to relax and enjoy a short break from the craziness of India. A real treat for our kids is when we have the opportunity to take them to the beach to play and forget about all the worries of the world. So when we were given the chance to take my schoolgirls to the beach for the day, Caroline and I jumped on it! We found everyone some Indian beach dress code appropriate clothes (dress and pants), loaded up the car, and set out for the day with windows down and singing songs at the top of our lungs. If only I could find the words to describe the smiles that were on the girls' faces as we drove along, knowing that once we reached our destination they would be able to laugh and play in the ocean... Stacy and Zinnia As soon as we stepped out of the car, several of them to