Skip to main content

My littlest princesses...


Little kids are just funny, ya know? You just never know what they're going to do. But you can always count on them bringing a smile to your face. 

Here at the girls' home, we have three little girls that never fail to make me smile:

Genevieve,


Esther,


and Zinnia


These girls have such an innocence and joy about them that can't be missed. Everyday they attend preschool at a local school in the morning and then they come home at lunchtime for an afternoon abounding in whatever adventures their imaginations can come up with. They're such curious and creative little ones that never cease to amaze me in what they find to do. Some days its coloring or playing with clay or drawing on a Magnadoodle; some days its bumper cars with our laundry baskets; some days its "helping" by taking the clean laundry off the clothesline and "washing" it in a bucket of water that my air conditioner drips into or even "cleaning" the outside chairs with dirty water; and some days its just singing multiplication table songs or watching Barbie movies. No matter the adventure or mischief they get into, there's always some kind of joy that can be found in it.


 

Its been sweet watching them as they have grown in the last few months- watching them learn to speak new words (especially in English), learn the ropes of the apartment, and even grow in friendship with the other girls and especially with one another. I love seeing them giggle and play together as they have the opportunity to understand friendship and be the little girls that they couldn't be in an orphanage setting.


 


When I think about them, I can only imagine the smile that must come to their Heavenly Father's face as they laugh and play together. I think about a favorite childhood song that says:

Jesus loves the little children,
all the children of the world.
Red and yellow, black and white,
they are precious in His sight.
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Oh how true this song must be. I think Jesus holds a special place in His heart for all the children of this world. I think He laughs when they laugh, smiles when they smile, and even cries when they cry. I think He really and truly loves them more than we could ever imagine.

In Mark 10:14-16, it says:

Jesus said to them,
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them,
for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God
like a little child will never enter it."
And He took the children in His arms, put His hands on them and blessed them.

What a sweet image. The God of the universe holding His children in His arms. He valued them and knew that their simple, innocent, childlike perspective on life was the key to the kingdom. Too often I forget to have that simplistic view on life. I get bogged down with a million different things that I think are important, but that God must shake His head at. On countless days have I found myself feeling like I need to do a million things but being caught up in playing with my little princesses. I couldn't be more thankful for the reminder that they provide about taking time to enjoy life and the simple pleasures that it provides.

So for today I pray that you would find the faith of a child. May you let your imagination take you to new places and let you recognize and enjoy the simple joys of life. May you walk in faith trusting that you are a child of God and that He wants to take you in His arms, put His hands on you and bless you every day. And at the end of each day after all the busyness and adventures, may you rest peacefully, just as these little princesses are doing, in the knowledge that you are loved and are walking in the steps of the kingdom of God...


Comments

  1. Isa.43:4-"They/ we are honored & precious in His (God's) sight!" Hallelujah! *"sing along--He's got the whole world in His hands....!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious blessings from God! These little girls... adorable, in His image, jewels! They were blessed to be touched by you with His bountiful love! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh the places you'll go...

Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away! You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go... ( Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr. Suess)   I love this book. I really do. And it's funny just how true it seems to be. I've heard it and read it a million and one times and every time, I never thought the day would come when I would really have a choice about the places I would go. There's an order to life: preschool...kindergarten...1st, 2nd, 3rd grade, all the way up to high school graduation. Sure, I got to pick the college I wanted to attend, but I always knew I would go to college so I never had to wonder what my next step would be for 22 years of my life. But then this happened... Yep. College graduation. And everything changed. I had options. Well,

Grains of sand...

Ah...the beach...the sunshine, the refreshingly cool water, the warm breeze...you just can't go wrong...one of the wonderful things about Ongole is its close proximity to the Indian Ocean where one can go to relax and enjoy a short break from the craziness of India. A real treat for our kids is when we have the opportunity to take them to the beach to play and forget about all the worries of the world. So when we were given the chance to take my schoolgirls to the beach for the day, Caroline and I jumped on it! We found everyone some Indian beach dress code appropriate clothes (dress and pants), loaded up the car, and set out for the day with windows down and singing songs at the top of our lungs. If only I could find the words to describe the smiles that were on the girls' faces as we drove along, knowing that once we reached our destination they would be able to laugh and play in the ocean... Stacy and Zinnia As soon as we stepped out of the car, several of them to